Friday 5 March 2010

Untitled

Tonight I heard about the death of someone very dear to me, my Great Uncle Ian. He was my great uncle by marriage, but he had the role of a grandparent. He has been there for every birthday, every Christmas, my graduation, my marriage. He taught me how to make Creme Caramels and encouraged my interests in cooking, knitting and crochet. He always let me know how much he loved me and regarded me as his granddaughter, my sister and I were blessed to have had him in our lives for so long.

He has been sick for a long time, so long that it seemed like he would creak on forever, but today he died and all I can think about is how I should have visited him, or how I should have sent him a card, like I was thinking of doing but hadn't got round to. I hope he knew how much he meant to me and how much I loved him, how he will always be in my thoughts.
Goodbye Ian

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear your uncle has passed on. These past few weeks have been difficult ones for many people. If you feel you have things to tell him, then write him a letter, then either burn it or rip it up and put it in flowing water. The words will pass to where he is and he he will hear them. I will put you all on our distant healing list tomorrow morning. He will have been very proud to have seen all your achievements and to know how much he was loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Milla that's very sad. I'm sure he knew how much you cared or he wouldn't have cherished you so much. ((((((HUGS))))))

    ReplyDelete