Wednesday 18 November 2009

Tis the season to make soup - again!

I know I know - second soup today, but what can I say? I'm the head space for soup making, plus it means I can freeze some for early next week... and it's great for using up a few random veggies... So -

Spicy Sweet Potato Soup

Ingredients
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
2 cm fresh ginger, chopped or shaved
1 tsp dried red chillies (adjust to suit tastes)
2 pints stock (chicken or veg)
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 3 or 4 coriander seeds
seasoning
4 Tbsp double cream

Method

Fry onion and garlic till soft, add the sweet potato and fry for 5 mins, then add the chillies, ginger, coriander, cumin, stock and seasoning. Boil for 10 to 15 mins, till the potato is tender, then blend till smooth.

Add the cream, adjust the seasoning, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment